Print this Page
Have talking points at your fingertips during your consultation with your surgeon.
Bookmark this Page
Researching your procedure? Add this page to your bookmark list for future browsing.
Email to a Friend
Know someone else who might benefit from this information? Send them a link using our handy form.
The Advantages of the DIEP Flap
Below are just a few of the many benefits of the DIEP flap technique compared to other breast reconstruction methods.
- Freedom of design to give a soft natural breast
- No abdominal hernia or weakness
- No muscle bulge from twisting or folding of the rectus muscle
- Very healthy (good blood supply) piece of flesh
- Low lying (tummy tuck) abdominal incision
- Lesser insult to body, shorter hospital stay, quicker return to function
- Can be done at the same time as the mastectomy
- No synthetics or mesh needed
To learn more about the advantages of DIEP flap breast reconstruction, click here to request a phone consultation from Dr. Keller, a renowned plastic surgeon specializing in reconstructive flap procedures.