Print this Page
Have talking points at your fingertips during your consultation with your surgeon.
Bookmark this Page
Researching your procedure? Add this page to your bookmark list for future browsing.
Email to a Friend
Know someone else who might benefit from this information? Send them a link using our handy form.
Alex Keller, MD
Alex Keller, MD has personal experience performing more than 1,200 DIEP flap breast reconstructions with a success rate of better than 99.5%. His patients are very pleased by the success rate and the quality of results he has been able to achieve
The breast reconstruction surgery practice he founded is located just minutes from New York City and easily reached from all of the New York airports. Dr. Keller is the first surgeon to perform DIEP flap surgery in New York and has been doing this surgery for 20 years in the same location. Surgery is performed at Long Island Jewish Hospital, part of the North Shore LIJ Health System. This is one of the largest health care systems in this country and LIJ is a major cancer hospital. The surgeons performing the mastectomy are specialists in surgery of the breast. The established team and Dr. Keller's extensive experience both contribute to a smooth surgery and recovery.
Education and Training:
- New York University Medical School graduate
- Board Certified Plastic and General Surgery
- Fellowship year at NYU - Bellevue in microsurgery
- Assistant Clinical Professor at New York University Medical Center
I enjoy the technical challenge and the aesthetics of the DIEP flap reconstruction. While I am getting better, I still feel that I am learning and there is room for improvement. It is this drive that both motivates and tortures me.
- Recognized as one of "America's Best Doctors 2009" by his peers
- Contributor to professional books and journals
- Work on DIEP flap breast reconstruction at the American Society of Microsurgery and the Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Work in reconstructive breast surgery has been described in many newspapers and has appeared in Mamm magazine
- Past president of the medical staff society at Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- Honoree American Cancer Society 2005
The other Web site of this practice is www.plasticdoc.com In addition to providing information on mastectomy reconstruction, this site describes some of the other services that the doctor performs. We each grow and learn from all of our interests.
Dr. Keller is one of a select few surgeons regularly performing DIEP flap breast reconstruction. To find out if you may be a candidate, click here to request a phone consultation from Dr. Keller. You can also call the practice at 516-482-1100 to schedule an appointment.